Metabolomics studies is an advanced analysis through the products of chemical reactions that occur in the body and are called metabolites. The metabolites are small molecules with a very important role in biological systems (organism) and help us understand many diseases.
They are produced in the energy and detoxification production channels during the degradation of neurotransmitters in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, fatty acids or from the microbial flora.
Any blockage of these biochemical reactions will move the body away from the healthy condition and will bring it closer to the appearance of a disease.
According to the Harvard Medical School, the measurement of metabolites is currently the simplest and most effective way to evaluate our health. Good health is the greatest wealth.
Α) Why is metabolomics useful
With the metabolomics analysis, chemical imbalances and underlying pathologies can be identified by pinpointing not only what is already happening in the organism but also stages before the disease associated with risk factors for the onset of an illness.
Metabolomics is an evaluation and preventive tool even for newborns.
B) How is the Metabolomic Profile performed?
The Metabolomic Profile is a test performed on a blood and urine sample which is carried out in one of the five leading laboratories of its kind in the US and Europe. The presence or absence of specific metabolites in a cell provides us with information about the physiology and function of biological systems. The collection of biological material (blood, urine) allows us to get critical information to optimize health status. Organic liquids reflect the health of an individual.
The metabolites analysis relies on specialized laboratory techniques such as HPLC, GC, MS-spectometry, NMR.
Metabolomics analysis is a highly regulated process in four phases:
I) Extraction (Extraction)
II) Separation and Detection (Separation and Detection)
III) Bioinformatics (Bioinformatics)
IV) Biomarker identification and data interpretation: Bio-knowledge
C) With Metabolomics analysis one may assess:
- The cells energy production capacity (Krebs cycle)
- This cycle supports the body’s energy needs by converting 90% of food energy into cellular energy
- The metabolism of lipids such as omega 3, omega 6, monounsaturated, saturated fat
- The metabolism of the nerve cells and neurotransmitters (substances that transmit neural signals)
- The metabolism of carbohydrates (sugar, starch, complex carbohydrates, fructose)
- The metabolism of proteins
- The Oxidative damage and antioxidant capacity of the organism
- Adequate vitamin and micronutrients sufficiency- The state of the bacterial flora of the body
- The detoxification capacity and toxic burden
- The methylating agents (protection) of DNA
- The ability to manage the inflammation
- The mitochondrial function
- 5- MTHFR
All these metabolites are identified and quantified in a sample of biological material. The organic acid test INCLUDES INDICATORS for vitamins, oxidative, stress, neurotransmitters and many others which have a direct connection with chronic diseases
Dietary supplement counseling
The Cell is the functional unit of life. There are over 75 trillion cells in our body and each of them performs thousands of biochemical functions.
Metabolics science studies the products of chemical reactions that occur in the body and are called metabolites through an advanced analysis.