Metabolomics Analysis (Metabolic Analysis Profile)
MEASUREMENT of Organic Acids
The organic acids are intermediate metabolites of the chemical reactions that occur in the human body. They are produced in the energy and detoxification production channels during the degradation of neurotransmitters in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, fatty acids or from the microbial flora. The identification of metabolic channels that are not functioning properly allows for:
1. Individualized therapeutic and dietary intervention and achieves
2. Health Optimization
Metabolomics is the most accurate method of determining the health status of an individual and allows us to identify the early signs of a disease many years before it occurs.
With the metabolomics analysis one may assess:
– The cells’ energy production capacity (Krebs cycle)
This cycle supports the body’s energy needs by converting 90% of food energy into cellular energy .
– The metabolism of lipids such as omega 3, omega 6, monounsaturated, saturated fat
– The metabolism of the nerve cells and neurotransmitters (substances that transmit neural signals)
– The metabolism of carbohydrates (sugar, starch, complex carbohydrates, fructose)
– The metabolism of proteins
-The Oxidative damage and antioxidant capacity of the organism
– Adequate vitamin and micronutrients sufficiency- The state of the bacterial flora of the body
– The detoxification capacity and toxic burden
– The methylating agents (protection) of DNA
– The ability to manage the inflammation
– The mitochondrial function
– 5- MTHFR
All these metabolites are identified and quantified in a sample of biological material. The organic acid test INCLUDES INDICATORS for vitamins, oxidative, stress, neurotransmitters and many others which have a direct connection with chronic diseases
Depending on heredity, environment and food choices, the cells are either in biochemical balance, or they move away from the normal and as a result, the organism is directed closer to the disease. In many cases, the body is attacking more than one organ or systems. Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders, frequently secrete high amounts of abnormal organic acid in their urine. The cause of these high levels could include the use of antibiotics, diets high in sugar, immunodeficiencies, infections and genetic factors.